Barracks Gift Store
The Gift Store is located in the historic Sonoma Barracks, built to house Mexican troops and later used by U.S. soldiers after California became a U.S. territory. Store merchandise reflects this heritage.
- Giftware, handcrafted items and folk art representing our diverse history of Native-American life, the Spanish and Mexican eras, passage from U.S. territory to the 31st state.
- Clothing with California themes for adults and children.
- Books for young and old include chronicles of pioneer and Native American life, biographies and quirky tales of gold miners and desperados.
- Educational material, especially for fourth grade students learning about Native American life in their villages and then at the missions.
- English/Spanish bilingual children books.
- Sonoma-branded items made in the U.S.A.
- Year-round Christmas ornaments, flags, magnets, stickers and postcards.
Please come in, browse our shelves and find some items to take home.
Store Hours: Open 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Thursday through Tuesday (closed Wednesday).
The store is operated by SONOMA PETALUMA PARKS, Inc., formerly known as Sonoma/Petaluma State Historic Parks Association. We are a non-profit organization which operates the Store to generate funds used exclusively for the benefit of the Sonoma and Petaluma Adobe State Historic Parks.
The Firefighter Bear is at the Barracks Gift Store
Volunteers are needed to assist customers with merchandise selection and purchase. If you can come in for a morning or afternoon on a regular basis we can use your help. It’s an opportunity to help our parks and to enhance visitors’ Sonoma experience. Serving as a store volunteer assures that parks programs will continue to receive vital financial support. If you would like to volunteer or need more information, please contact me by email or phone, (707) 939-9420, or stop in at the store during our regular business hours, 10AM to 4:00PM Thursday through Tuesday (closed Wednesday).