Barracks Gift Store
The Gift Store is located in the historic Sonoma Barracks, built to house Mexican troops and later used by U.S. soldiers after California became a U.S. territory. Store merchandise reflects this heritage.
- Giftware, handcrafted items and folk art representing our diverse history of Native-American life, the Spanish and Mexican eras, passage from U.S. territory to the 31st state.
- Clothing with California themes for adults and children.
- Books for young and old include chronicles of pioneer and Native American life, biographies and quirky tales of gold miners and desperados.
- Educational material, especially for fourth grade students learning about Native American life in their villages and then at the missions.
- English/Spanish bilingual children books.
- Sonoma-branded items made in the U.S.A.
- Year-round Christmas ornaments, flags, magnets, stickers and postcards.
Store Hours: Open 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Thursday through Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday).
The store is operated by SONOMA PETALUMA PARKS, Inc., formerly known as Sonoma/Petaluma State Historic Parks Association. We are a non-profit organization which operates the Store to generate funds used exclusively for the benefit of the Sonoma and Petaluma Adobe State Historic Parks.
The Firefighter Bear is at the Barracks Gift Store
Shopping at the Barracks Gift Store
Below is a sample of what is available in the store. Please come in, browse our shelves and find some items to take home with you.