Barracks Gift Store
The Gift Store is located in the historic Sonoma Barracks, built to house Mexican troops and later used by U.S. soldiers after California became a U.S. territory. Store merchandise reflects this heritage.
- Giftware, handcrafted items and folk art representing our diverse history of Native-American life, the Spanish and Mexican eras, passage from U.S. territory to the 31st state.
- Clothing with California themes for adults and children.
- Books for young and old include chronicles of pioneer and Native American life, biographies and quirky tales of gold miners and desperados.
- Educational material, especially for fourth grade students learning about Native American life in their villages and then at the missions.
- English/Spanish bilingual children books.
- Sonoma-branded items made in the U.S.A.
- Year-round Christmas ornaments, flags, magnets, stickers and postcards.
The store is operated by SONOMA PETALUMA PARKS, Inc., formerly known as Sonoma/Petaluma State Historic Parks Association. We are a non-profit organization which operates the Store to generate funds used exclusively for the benefit of the Sonoma and Petaluma Adobe State Historic Parks.
The Barracks Gift Store now offers a selection of books online in our Amazon Store.
In time for the holiday season, our Barracks Gift Store is now selling its extensive stock of books through Amazon. The same high quality and variety of books that you have experienced at the store are here, including some bilingual texts and some Spanish as well as English editions.
Please support SPParks and support our parks: If you can’t shop at the Barracks store then please purchase our books Online – they make wonderful holiday presents.
The Firefighter Bear is at the Barracks Gift Store
Shopping at the Barracks Gift Store
Below is a sample of what is available in the store. Please come in, browse our shelves and we hope you find some items to take home with you.