Barracks Gift Store
The Gift Store is located in the historic Sonoma Barracks, built to house Mexican troops and later used by U.S. soldiers after California became a U.S. territory. Store merchandise reflects this heritage.
- Giftware, handcrafted items and folk art representing our diverse history of Native-American life, the Spanish and Mexican eras, passage from U.S. territory to the 31st state.
- Clothing with California themes for adults and children.
- Books for young and old include chronicles of pioneer and Native American life, biographies and quirky tales of gold miners and desperados.
- Educational material, especially for fourth grade students learning about Native American life in their villages and then at the missions.
- English/Spanish bilingual children books.
- Sonoma-branded items made in the U.S.A.
- Year-round Christmas ornaments, flags, magnets, stickers and postcards.
The store is operated by SONOMA PETALUMA PARKS, Inc., formerly known as Sonoma/Petaluma State Historic Parks Association. We are a non-profit organization which operates the Store to generate funds used exclusively for the benefit of the Sonoma and Petaluma Adobe State Historic Parks.
Coming Soon! Here is a sample of what is in the store, and what you will be able to purchase online. Please come in, browse our shelves and we hope you find some items to take home with you.